Thursday, September 1, 2011

Presenting Scrappin`Great Deals Design Team!

Scrappin`Great Deals is so proud to present their very first official Design Team! Not only is today the very first day of our new chapter in our store`s evolution but it also means more for you! That`s right- more posts and tutorials! The SGD blog will have posts daily from our DT designed to inspire you and introduce you to our new and fave products. And of course our old `fave`products too lol! Our DT has lots of varied crafting styles and personalities so I hope you enjoy this new journey with us. 

To help us welcome our new DT we have pics and some info about each member. Also, leave a comment on this post welcoming them and you will be entered to win one of 3 random prizes! Please help us spread the word so feel free to post about our give-away, tweet it, facebook it or just yell it out loud! 
Let`s get this partay started!!!

Hi! I am Lori and I share Scrappin' Great Deals' design team co-ordinator duties with Andrea.  I am a scrapbooking enthusiast!  I typically only make layouts but do love creating altered objects when time permits!! Once in a while I will even make a card!!
I have been crafting most of my life but I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2001. I scoffed at first but it didn't take me long to be hooked!!  My style has developed over the years and has settled into a kind of shabby chic, artistic blend.  I love distressing and inking on my layouts, mixed media, stamping, white space makes me nervous!!  I love most of what Tim Holtz & Ranger have developed.  I can't say there are any companies that don't have something I like, but I do tend to gravitate towards Fancy Pants, 7 Gypsies, Prima & Bo-bunny, Graphic 45 and Glitz.
I have a busy life with my very supportive husband Karl.  We have two fantastic boys, Malcolm and Ben.  We also have a bit of a petting zoo in our lives with a dog, a cat and 2 bunnies!  I work full time as a landscape designer as well as part time at Scrappin' Great Deals.  I work with Sheila creating the monthly scrapbooking kits.  This is the best part of my job, matching up paper and embellishments, putting it all together with new & exciting products as well as with the tried & true that we love so much!  
I am looking forward to sharing more of my creations, those of my fellow team and all the divas at Scrappin' Great Deals!!!  Thank you!!

Hello!!! I am so happy that we badgered convinced Sheila that it was time to have an official DT! I have been friends with Sheila for many years and I must confess to bullying her frequently into buying all the crafting supplies I need to have in my hands. By bullying I mean whining constantly lmbo!

I have always been into anything artistic and since my singing is crap and my ability to draw nothing more than stick fingers I struggled to let my inner artist out in a medium that I felt let me represent myself adequately in. I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2000 and I was in head over heels! I was then talked into going to a card making party in 2004 and my short attention span and I rejoiced! Instead of working all day on a scrapbook layout I could now spend just half that time on a card.

I am totally addicted to paper, glitter, embellishments, etc. If I can make it into something I have to have it. One of my biggest addictions is tools! I love nothing more than crafty gadgets to enhance my crafting. I will be sharing my must have’s and fave tools here with you along with my projects.

So excited to be working with these talented SGD Diva DT members!

Just love to do 3d projects, love to teach and love love my Tim. My goal is to take a class with him. I love working at Sheila's and hanging out with my gals.
I have always been in to crafting. My grandmothers were crafters as well so I think it’s in my genes. One of them was a quilter while the other knitted. Lots of beautiful handmade goodies created between both of them. Before I got in to stamping and scrap booking I was in to Tole Painting. I just love Christmas and Halloween and making crafts to celebrate them with. I have always preferred like the vintage look as you will see in my altered items and other crafts. My favourite paper lines are Graphic 45, Bo Bunny and My Mind’s Eye.


So here we go, a picture  and some things about myself....
My name is Anja and I am so thrilled to be a part of the Diva's for SGD and now also to be part of the SGD Design team!! It is gonna be so much fun!
I have been around for a while, but I will share some things about myself.
- I have always been a crafty girl
- married to a wonderful farmer
- together we have 4 energetic boys
- we immigrated to Canada in 1999
- started scrapbooking in 1999
- still love to scrapbook but card making took over
- I talk too much
I could keep on writing.....telling you all about how I love to go to the store, talk to all of you and look at the new things that Sheila keeps on bringing in....really, it is very therapeutic!!!

Looking forward to do the Friday post on the store's blog and meet with you all in person or online!
Take care, Anja

Hi!  My name is Sarah and I'm a stamping enthusiast!  I am married to Chris, Mum to Samuel, and work full time as a Senior Marketing Manager in Health Care at 3M.   

I am originally from Drummondville, QC,  graduated from UNB Fredericton with a degree in Chemistry and then moved to London to work for 3M, where I've been for over 13 years. 

I love my job in marketing, which combines my analytical background with my love of the creative!  I get to organize tradeshows, special events, advertisements, and even the occasional movie or tv set! 

I started crafting almost 8 years ago when I was on maternity leave, and was first introduced to Stampin' Up! at a home party.  I've been making cards ever since!  My latest passion is Copic markers which I discovered through taking classes at Scrappin' Great Deals, and from there I started blogging, entering challenges, and am now THRILLED to be on the store's design team! 
I love my crafting as it is such a great outlet from my busy life, and I can enjoy it at home when my son is in bed, or on the weekends with my fellow crafty friends.  I've met such wonderful friends through this hobby and look forward to sharing it with others as I start teaching and designing. 


I'm very honoured and excited to be working with Sheila and her fabulous group of designers! I've been involved in the paper crafting industry for just over 10 years, after a coworker brought some rubber stamps to play with over our lunch hour. Since then, I haven't looked back and have been blessed to design for many fabulous companies in the last six years, some of which Sheila carries right in her store.

When I'm not getting inky, I am a proud football mom to a very tall 15 year old and work full time as a behavioural therapist. If I can squeak in a little extra time, I enjoy reading, playing guitar, singing and fishing!!!! I'm from Kingston Ontario, but some of my besties hail from the London area. I hope you enjoy the projects that I'm looking forward to sharing with you!



Jeanne- Honoured Anytime SGD Diva

My life is good. I get to spend a hours each day coloring. My husband and I share four grown sons and two perfect grandchildren.
I’ve worked in the design world full time for the last 6 years with some wonderful companies. You can find my work regularly in CardMaker magazine and assorted other publications.
You can see more of my work at http://inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

We are so excited!!!! I have hyper linked all the DT names so that you can click on them if you want to see their work on their blogs. Don`t forget to leave a comment here for your chance to win to help us welcome our DT. 

Happy Crafting!! Andi

12 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see what the team will come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your fabulous Design Team!! What an amazing collection of talent! I'm an avid reader of your terrific blog and it sounds like it just got even better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Looking forward to see all your amazing creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello ladies! nice meeting you all, can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a talented Design Team! It's so nice to put faces to all the names I read about here all the time!! I check this blog daily, so I'm excited to see what you've got for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to all the new additions to your blog. Congratulations. Looking forward to future amazing posts.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very talent team! Thanks for sharing your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great introduction of the DT. Looking forward to reading your new postings & seeing new ideas with all the products. Happy Labour Day weekend. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whooo Hooo!!! This is great! Each of you in your own way have inspired us in so many ways!!! This DT is a great way to show case the amazing talent, products and services the store offers! You ladies know I am a big fan!!!! Muah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great idea from SGD! Thank you to all the Design Team members for sharing about yourselves and of course sharing your talents! I look forward to seeing more posts from all of you. SGD is truly THE PLACE for inspiration and all the products you need to make your visions come to life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all the ladies on the design team! I can't wait to see all the ideas and fun things they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations ladies! I can't wait to see what the designs you'll be bringing to the blog. I'm jealous for you... I wish I'd seen the call lol

    ReplyDelete