Monday, October 10, 2011

easy Christmas cards

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I hope you all had as wonderful a holiday as I did!  My husband is the most wonderful chef and cooked us a gourmet dinner.  And my parents were here from Quebec to spoil the one and only grandchild.  We had a great time.  But it passes so fast....

Tomorrow night I have the pleasure of teaching a private class for a lovely group of ladies who have requested "easy Christmas cards".  So I put together an assortment here that I hope they will enjoy.

This first stamp is from a new Inkadinkadoo series that Sheila just brought in - and they just make me smile!  I couldn't resist them.  And they are a nice small size for colouring a "quickie" card.


This second stamp is from the same Inkadinkadoo series - and I also just laugh looking at it!  I think it's super cute and a perfect card for friends.  I've used my scallop circles Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut them out.

Next I went to the fabulous Tim Holtz - and picked up his new Christmas series of stamps to create the next two cards.  I just love the simplicity of this - and the "old style" of it.  I've added stickles to the snowflake if you can't see it in the photo.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder to emboss the gold card.  And I stamped part of the large Tim Holtz image to get the word "joy".  I used Versafine ink to get a more crisp image.


For this fourth card, I've embossed a shiny red card with a Sizzix embossing folder, and I've used the tree stamp from the Tim Holtz set.



Happy stamping!
Sarah
xx



1 comment:

  1. I love those adorable little Inkadinkadoo stamps!! I bought 4 of them on the Garage Sale weekend and have since made 20 gift tags with them. I made little 2 3/4" folders, then embossed an alternate colour paper on top, stamped the little guys, cut them out, coloured with Copics and voila...20 super adorable gift tags! I think the ladies in your private class will love these cards...simple yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete