Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Flourishes, Sizzix and Fussy Cutting!

Good morning everyone!! I hope you are having a great start to the week! I have a few things to share with you today!

First off, thanks to all the lovely ladies who took my Scrapbooking Techniques class last Friday! It was wonderful working with you all and I hoped you enjoyed the class! The technique this time was "Fussy Cutting". We practiced using both scissors and cutting blades. Both have their pros and cons, but in the end both are necessary to make the most of the technique. After we practiced, I handed out some Christmas paper and we worked on putting together a little 6 x 6 collage using our fussy cut pieces.

Here is what I came up with:


My next class in the series will be in January. Keep an eye on the website - crops and classes for further details!!

Next up is a card using a Sizzix/Hero Arts Stamp set - Silhouette Vines, that comes with a matching embossing folder.

Love love love these sets!! So simple and elegant! I stamped the image using white Chalk Ink on the brown cardstock, then embossed it with the folder, and lastly used some Smooch Illuminate on the flowers and butterflies for a touch of sparkle. (Hard to see in the photo - you'll just have to come in to the store to see it in person!!!)

The sentiment and tag is a Flourishes Set - Country Charm Labels - a stamp set that co-ordinates with the Spellbinders Grommet Tags set. A close up:

I attached the tag with 3 colours of embroidery floss, mounted the brown cardstock to some cream cardstock and then to the brown card. Love the layers!

So that is what I had for today! Happy crafting!!

1 comment: