Sunday, November 27, 2011

Snowmen for Christmas and time-saving tips


Hello stampers!

Don't worry - it's not too late to make some Christmas cards, if you haven't started already!  You might be like me and waiting for that PERFECT inspiration to just land in your e-mail.  Or for the ideal stamp to appear before you at SGD.  Or maybe, like me, you are still trolling the blogs in blog-land to find the most gorgeous (and easy to reproduce of course) creation to send to your loved ones.  At least, I'm guessing that's the case (based on the fact that you are reading our blog, and are therefore probably an avid crafter like myself!)

So - fear not - here is some inspiration for you - with lots of time to spare!

GREAT time saving tip - SNOWMEN!!!  Guess what?  They're WHITE!  And what do we stamp them on ladies (and gentlemen)?  That's correct!  WHITE paper!  Ta-da!  Problem solved!

OK - now you might be slightly crafty addicted (like myself, which I FULLY support - and in fact encourage, since it is a healthy habit after all - sharing art that is).  In which case, you may want to add a little more than white to your snowmen.  If you are a Copic artist (if so, I LOVE you and welcome to the family) - a little C1 and C0 and you are in business!  If you want to get fancy (and why not, it is Christmas after all) a little B00 or W0.

So I thought I'd share with you the snowmen I crafted earlier this year in my role on the Design Team for High Hopes Stamps.

If you've been to the store lately, you may have seen these little guys sitting on the shelves.  If not, please swing by!


Another time saving tip for you - Paper collections!  These companies are genius.  Bo Bunny in particular - they have an entire matching line of beautiful papers!  WITH coordinating stamps - chipboard - stickers - tags - you name it!  Pure genius.  One trip to SGD (or the website) and you're in business!  They even have card KITS!  I kid you not.

You'll note that most of these cards have been created with Bo Bunny Blitzen.  I had a mildly obsessive phase when it first came into the store - and now have a drawer full of it - including all the accessories.  After all, what would I do if I didn't like the 2012 releases?  I NEED to have a good supply of course!



You may also enjoy my other new favourite which is Bo Bunny Snowfall.  Equally gorgeous with tones of brown & blue.  The 12x12 papers even have glitter on them!  STUNNING.



So - I don't want to slow down your crafting - or get in the way of your loved ones receiving those fabulous hand-made cards this year.  So I'll leave you at that.

Hope to see you soon!

Sarah
xx



1 comment: