Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday Tag #2

Well I am behind the eight ball when it comes to the 12 days of Christmas Tags with Tim Holtz but I thought I will still do them. So I think I have a theme going on with the tags. You will have to wait for the end product.

I didn't do the exact same thing as Tim because I don't have everything. I know, I know being a big Tim's fan, you would think that I did. Anyway I will give some of my tips of what I used or did to get close to what he did.

First thing that I didn't use was the Tim Holtz's Christmas Paper Stash Kraft Resist paper. I had the Lost & Found Paper Stash, so to make my own resist I cleared embossed the word Christmas from his stamp set Season Silhouettes. Then I used the picket fence stain to cover my tag. I used vintage photo distress ink to distress the tag. Then he used a Perfect Pearls Mist but I used Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray. Amazing, that's all I can say.






For the deer I used Tim's die cut Reindeer Flight. But I did not have any of the sticky back canvas so I used the sheet of the creative 2 way tape. I put this on the back of my canvas and then I could cut out the reindeer a lot easier.




Then I embellished the rest of the tag with things that I had in my stash. I am starting to let go of some of it. I know how weird is that.



I hope this gives you some inspiration and get using your stash. Have a great day and thanks for looking.

Kim

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it Kim!!! Tim would be proud!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same as Tim's or not, I really like this tag! And good for you for using some of your stash!! We buy all these great supplies when they are on sale and save them for "later use" and then hoard them!! Why is that??! I do the same thing! But then I try to remind myself that SGD will have more awesome sales, so go ahead and use up some stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip for cutting canvas! Your tag is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for the Tim holtz hammer. I read you got one AFTER it was discontinued. Hope you get more!

    ReplyDelete