Monday, January 16, 2012

Mother's Day Cameo


Hello stampers!

Here's a card I put together to get my Spring style started! I think I've stamped enough snowmen to last me a lifetime - and I'm happy to pull out my brightly coloured cardstock & papers!

This cards was SO much fun to do - especially with my new Vagabond that I got for Christmas (thank you Santa!).  I can't tell you how awesome this is for a papercrafter!!

I love this new paper I picked up from My Mind's Eye (Happier). And it just called out for some MFT dies I thought! I have finally (I think) started to get the hang of my rolled flowers dies so I've put them to use here on a Mother's Day card.  I find the rolled rose the easiest one - and seems to look best when made with a double-sided patterned paper.  If you enjoy these - then check out Lori's GORGEOUS heart canvas that she's teaching on Feb. 5!  It is stunning.  I signed myself up yesterday!




I really like the touch of a little green paper flourish behind the flowers. And I always put a pearl in the centre. I've jazzed up the cameo a little too - by stamping a pattern, then spritzing with Perfect Pearls. The MFT stamp & die set comes with the crackle effect. I've added that in pink. Then I used a Unity Doily stamp to spruce up the cameo frame.



Happy Stamping!
Sarah
xx

Cardstock: SU! Pumpkin Pie. Paper: My Mind’s Eye Happier. Dies: My Favorite Things Flourish, Cameo, Rolled Rose, Edge. Stamps: My Favorite Things (Cameo & Sentiment). Unity (Doily). Adhesive: 3M Scotch ATG, Imaginisce I-Bond Cordless Hot Glue Gun, Ranger Glossy Accents. Pearls: SU!. Other: Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist (Heirloom Gold), Tsukineko Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray.


No comments:

Post a Comment