Monday, January 30, 2012

Tim Holtz Valentines


Hello Stampers!

I wanted to share with you two cards that I've made for an upcoming class at SGD.  Kim P and I are both huge Tim Holtz fans - and we decided to teach a class focused on his techniques, making four Valentine's Day cards.

As the focus is on technique (we've had so many requests at the store for technique classes), I've incorporated as many as I could!  In this first card, I've used the following Ranger & Tim Holtz products/ tools:

- Kraft Glassine paper (the butterfly)
- alcohol inks
- alcohol ink blending solution
- edge die
- Movers & Shapers base & dies
- Distress ink tool, felt pads, and sponge pads
- Tim Holtz Distress inks (Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar)
- Tim Holtz Distress stains - and Picket Fences
- Ranger archival ink
- Distress Rock Candy Stickles
- Tiny attacher stapler
- long fasteners
- Glimmer Mists

Needless to say, if you don't know and love Tim already, you certainly will after this class!

Check out Tim's video on his FABULOUS Vagabond!  I cannot tell you how much I LOVE and ADORE this tool.  It is the centrepiece of my craft room - a must for any serious cardmaker.


Here is my second card for the class:


 I've used many of the above items plus:

- Tissue tape
- Rosette die
- Perfect Pearls

I hope you're able to attend the class!  If not, do take the time to watch some of Tim's YouTube videos.  They are fantastic - you will love them!

Here is the one on Perfect Pearls, used with Distress Inks, as I've done on the second card:


And - trust me - you've NEVER seen a ruler like this one:


Happy Stamping!

Sarah
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment