Friday, March 1, 2013

You are one of a kind!

   

Happy Friday! I was so lucky to spend a week at the beautiful island of Curacao, snorkeling, tanning, relaxing, eating.....They love colours at this island, and yellow seems to be one of their favourites, so I got inspired to make this card. The border is from Memory Box, Tessatine border. The sentiment and the butterfly are from Just Rite, Grand Sentiments, 36 stamps in this clear set, you should check it out!! The antenna of the butterfly is a separate stamp, so it is really easy to cut out the butterfly. The butterfly was stamped on Neenah paper with Memento black, then I put down a layer of yellow with an alcohol marker (Copic or Spectrum Noir), then I took 2 prismacolour pencils, a royal blue and an aqua blue and I coloured the edges over the yellow. Then I took a paperstump with Gamsol and blended the colours together, this works like magic. PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS USE YOUR COPICS FIRST, it will wreck your marker if you use it over the gamsol/pencil. Since I am not really good at colouring with my Copics, there is just not enough time to learn it all, pairing them up with prismacolours is an easy way to blend. Sentiment and antenna is stamped with Versmark majestic blue
Hope you like this simple card! Have a great day, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment