Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Courage is being yourself......


I have another page to share from my Art Journal!  I covered both pages in a thick coat of gesso, then stamped circles onto the page while the gesso was still wet.  (I used Tim Holtz' Mixed Media stamp set for the circles...and you will need to clean off the gesso from the rubber stamps fairly quickly!)  Once the page was dry, I sprayed on several colours of Dylusions Ink Sprays (After Midnight, Calypso Teal, London Blue  & White Linen).  I let the colour drip and blend; I blotted with some paper towel; the colours seeped into the recessed circles that I had created with the stamp.  I didn't start the page with a preconceived plan, and once I saw the circles turn into "bubbles", I knew then where the page was heading!  I pulled out my Dylusions Stamp Sets - Ocean Backgrounds & Under the Sea, and started stamping with Archival Ink, and colouring with Distress Paints.  I had made a little Ocean scene and I added the message... 

"Courage is being yourself everyday in a world that expects you to be someone else..."

Kim & I have our next Art Journalling class this Friday if you wish to join us!!  More details and to register, just click here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Love the saying and everything about this journal page! Amazing :D

    ReplyDelete