Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Art Journals & Embossing Paste!!

Once a month Kim & I (Lori) offer an incredibly fun class....Art Journalling.  Every month we explore different mediums, techniques, tools, and products.  We LOVE getting messy!!  This month's class is this coming Friday, September 27 @ 6pm and the focus is on Dreamweaver Embossing Paste

Here is a page from my journal that I am experimenting with.  I started creating a background with Dylusion Ink Sprays.  There was some white media of some kind on the bottom of the page.  I had obviously used these pages as a scrap page, wiping off my brush or fingers!  The sprays didn't cover the white up so I will just incorporate it into my page.  No mistakes, just creative opportunities!! 


After the pages were mostly dry, I started adding the embossing paste through a couple of different Crafters Workshop stencils.  I used an old credit card to scrape the paste over the stencil.


 I left the paste to dry overnight.  When I got up this morning I found that it had absorbed the colour from the Dylusion sprays.


I really like the texture and dimension it brought to my page but I think I liked it when it was white, at least on this page.  More contrast.  That is where I had to leave it!! I will be dry brushing on some gesso tonight to bring back some contrast.  Then add some stamps, journalling......


If you are interested in joining us on Friday, you can find more info and register online by clicking HERE!! 
  
HAVE A FANTASTICALLY CREATIVE DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment