Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Whole Heart Mixed Media Canvas


I made this little 6 x 6 mixed media canvas for my hubby for our anniversary.  It was a little late, but it's the thought that counts right?! Anyhoo..... 

I used the line Shades of Grey by Paper Loft for the background and the gears.  I may have a bit of an obsession now with Dimensional Embossing Paste!!  Once I layered it on through a Gears Crafters Workshop stencil and let it dry, I added some Glimmer Mist in Black Magic & Dazzling Diamonds, then used some Picket Fence Crackle Paint, and finally some Picket Fence Distress Paint dry-brushed on top. 


The paper gears were cut using a Tim Holtz Sizzix Die and covered with Black Soot Distress Stickles. Finally I sprayed a few little Maya Road wood veneer hearts with Postbox Red Dylusion Spray, and dotted a few bits of stickles around the gears to finish it off!!  

Have a crafty day everyone!!! OOH!!! And don't forget it is day one of our FAMOUS 12 HR SALE!!!  Make sure you check out all the goodies on sale!!

1 comment: