Friday, August 22, 2014

Playing with Gelatos!


Happy Friday! Last week I went to the Art journaling class from Kim and Lori and I learned all about GELATOS!!! They showed us a lot of different ways to use them and we got to try and play with them, way to much fun, let me tell you!I already had a few colours...but I did not have any darker colours so I had to buy the set Steampunk. I had some time to play...and I tried different things at home...for this card I cut a piece of watercolour paper, I put some of the Gelatos on a acrylic block and spritzed it with Lindy's stamp gang mist (silver) because I wanted some bling to it, water would do or any glimmermist you have.
Then I put the piece of wc paper on top of the block and put some colour on, let it dry, and went back it with the Gelatos right on the paper, smeared them with my fingers and a bit of the mist. Then I took a stencil out, it's hard to see in the picture, and I rubbed a babywipe over it, I had to rub hard since this is such a fine stencil but I only wanted a bit anyway. Stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches with black archival ink, sprayed some dots with a dusty concord distress marker in the spritzer, cut the die from Memory Box , matted the piece on some charcoal paper on a kraft card base and added some Viva cream pearls. 
Hope you like it!! Happy crafting and till next time, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment