Monday, November 3, 2014

Prima Resin Frames

Hello, everyone! I thought I would take a break from working on layouts and do some altered art this week. I saw an idea on Pinterest where the designer took the Prima Resin Frames and made them in to Christmas Ornaments. So, I decided to make some of my own using the dies and sprays that I have.


 
And here are the products that I used:
 
 
I started by covering each frame with Gesso and then when dry, I sprayed the larger frame with the Prima Gold Foil Spray Mist and the two smaller frames with the Prima Pearl White Spray Mist. Next I cut out the Small Precious Star in white cardstock, covered it with Crystal Lacquer and then with the Stickles Dry Fine Glitter (Star Dust). I finished this off with an Enamel Dot from Simple Stories. For the Poinsettias on the larger frame, I cut out three sets from white cardstock, covered each part with Versa Mark and then the Ranger Enchanted Gold Embossing Powder which I heat set. I finished these off with a small dot of Ranger Liquid Pearls. Lastly, I used an Impression Obsession Rolled Rose die. I sprayed the white cardstock cut out with the Prima Cotton Candy Spray mist. I cut out some small leaves using an I.O. die and covered them with Crystal Lacquer.
 
 I think you could use any of the frames that Prima has out. Sheila has a wide selection of shapes and sizes. I can also see using them in a Shadow Box and having a backing on them with the initial of each family member. Sometimes it is good to "think outside the box" with our crafting supplies.


Have a good week!
Karen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment