Friday, December 12, 2014

Watercoloured poppy card!


Happy Friday! A Poppy card today.....stepping outside the Christmas box, lol....my creative juices are not really flowing....when life gets busy that usually happens, but I did spend some time in my craft room and I have wanted to try this technique for a while, so here it is....
I started out with a piece of watercolour paper, 3 1/4 x 5, and stamped the poppy stamp from Penny Black with Versafine black, before I sprayed water on the paper I made sure the image was dry. With a watercolour brush  I painted the flower, using Tim Holtz markers, barn door, fired brick and forest moss.
When I was done colouring , I used my heat gun to make sure this was all dry. Then I took the stencil from Penny Black and I inked up the back with my Tim Holtz barn door and mustard seed inkpads and sprayed water on it, then I carefully placed it around the stamped image and patted it down, and slowly removed it again.With the heat gun I dried the ink again, then I added some more splatters of barn door. I put my marker on a plastic lid, spray water on in and with a paint brush I tap some splatters on.
Some black, shiny paper to mat and some twine to finish it off. I learned about this technique a while ago from the Penny Black blog, this is where Heather Telford showed it to us!
                                                 Happy Crafting, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment