Friday, January 9, 2015

Mixed media card


Happy SNOW Day! Lots of snow here in my corner of the world!
And crazy cold, perfect day for staying inside and do some crafting, if you can.
I am totally into making mixed media backgrounds and turning them into cards with dies....can you tell?
So here I have another one of those cards to share, this background started out with derwent pencils, put on some heavy colour and blend it out with some water, then I sprayed on the twig stencil with a blue dylusions and some white linen dylusions splatters and to finish it off  a Memory Box die.
Once the derwent layer is dry, the ink is permanent so the dylusions don't change that anymore, totally different than when you spray them on distress inks, both techniques give different looks, love all the options!
I matted the whole piece on silver Mirri board onto a white card . Hope you like!
                                                       Stay warm, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment