I am so excited to announce our first Mood Board Challenge Winner!
Click here to visit Laura's blog
Please contact me lynnshaffer7@live(dot)ca
for details on the next reveal and your prize!!!!
And on to our Second Mood Board Challenge!!!
Use the below images as inspiration to create a layout (single or double), canvases, art journal pages, tag or card. It's that easy!
According to the Oxford Dictionary a Mood Board is defined as "an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept". You may be inspired by the colors, objects, feel or whatever the image represents to you. The winner, selected at random, will receive a $20 gift card to Scrappin Great Deal's and be our featured guest designer for the following month!
First up we have Lori's beautiful card. So many beautiful details.
Lori " was inspired by the colour of the couch!!! I have been creating a lot with teal lately!"
And now we have Anja's breathtaking card.
Anja was inspired by the two pictures that contained blue (Butterfly on couch pillow and blue sky with tree silhoutte picture)
I love this fun layout by Dani! You can't help but smile when you see this layout.
Dani matched all the colors of
the board to create this layout.
Trish blew me away with this elegant card.
Here is a little snapshot of my Trish's process when creating this card from the Mood Challenge photos: "The image of the path through the forest and the word "Love" gave me the idea of "Following Your Heart" and the picture of the clock made me think of time. I found Time Traveler's Memories stamp set by Prima that had the sentiment "Now is the Time". It went along with the idea and design for my project as well as the sentiment " Follow your Heart" sentiment from a set from Just Rite. I loved the Memory Box die "Queen of Hearts" from the moment I saw it and the little flower is a My Favorite Things die "Flower Trio and Leaf Trio". The papers are from Crate Paper's Kiss Kiss and Lawn Fawn's Snow Day collections as well as white cardstock as my base. I chose the red with Valentines Day coming up and its the color of love as well as the heart. I also used a key from my stash to symbolize the key ( or path) to the heart. The keys were hanging in the picture with the blue sofa.)
I was inspired by the style of the couch it reminded me of our family photo shoot of my little guy sleeping on the chair. I was really excited to continue working with my BoBunny Altitude collection. The colors did match well. I used the word Love as I love these beautiful moments of my son.
1. Have Fun. Be inspired.
2. Tell us how the mood board inspired you.
3. In the comment section leave a Link up to your specific blog post. (just not your general blog). Mention that you are participating in the Scrappin Great Deal Mood Board and link back to this post. If posting your creation to facebook, pinterest, twitter please use the hashtag #scrappingreatdealsmood.
4. Don't have your own blog? Send your name and picture of your creation to firstname.lastname@example.org and a short description of how you were inspired. (in the subject line indicate #scrappingreatdealsmood
5. Projects have to be new as of today's date. (No back linking please)
6. Contest is open till March 18th, midnight.
Hope you will play along!