Friday, May 29, 2015

More watercolouring.......


Happy Friday! I can't wait for this stamp set to come in, so many ideas to teach a class with this whole set.
Luckily enough, I already have it so the class plans are on the way....It's a Penny Black set.
For this card , I stamped the images in a light colour distress ink, old paper, and then I took some distress ink markers, mustard seed, dusty concord, mild lavender, fired brick, peeled paint and forest moss, just scribble them on your craft mat so you can pick them  up with a fine paint brush.
Since the images where stamped first, I have a guide where to put the colour. For this card I did use watercolour paper. When I was happy with the result, I sponged on some peeled paint, forest moss and finally a touch of black soot in the corners and around the whole card. When it was all dry, I took a small sponge and dabbed on some tumbled glass around the flowers which I then spreaded out with a wet tooth brush.  The sentiment is embossed in black and I messed it up a little bit, its important that all your work is dry before you do this, otherwise the embossing powder will stick to places where you don't want it.(ask me how I know this, lol)
So to make up for this, I scribbled some black distress marker on a block, spritzed it with water and splattered on some black dots. The whole panel is mounted on a piece of shiny black paper and a cream card base.
Hope you like it! Give this technique a try, so easy and fun. Till next time, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment