Friday, May 8, 2015

Paints, dylusions and Tim Holtz's flower stamp


Happy Friday! This week at Technique Tuesday we played with Tim Holtz distress paints so for today's card I started with a piece of bristol smooth paper and put on a layer of peeled paint distress paint, sprayed it with water and dabbed a sponge on it. After it was dry, I added some calypso teal Dylusions and dabbed my sponge in it. The nice feature about the paints is, once it is dry it won't change even if you spray it with water or dylusions, glimmermist you name it. 
I then stamped the flower twice and embossed it with a dark blue embossing powder, I thought I grabbed a black, oh well , surprise! My plan was to colour the leaves with the white Sharpie, great plan, till I messed up by shaking the pen above my work, a big white ink spot, so I dabbed it and rubbed it with a paper towel.
At last I added some more green paint and rubbed that too with a wet paper towel and voila, I was done!
I had a totally different plan, but I like the result, hope you do too! 
                           Till next time, Anja

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just LOVE happy mistakes, Anja? Great job!

    ReplyDelete