Thursday, October 1, 2015

Giving Thanks

Last Saturday we held a special crop as a fundraiser in support of our "Diva Dani's" Mom, Val, who is battling both lung and breast cancer. Some of the treatments that Val is receiving are not covered by OHIP. Our goal was to raise funds to assist with her treatments. Val is a remarkable woman with a heart of gold and it was our pleasure to host this special event in support of her ongoing efforts to fight this horrible disease.

Here are a couple of notes of thanks from Val & Dani:

"To the Wonderful Ladies of the Scrappin’ Great Deals Family:

Just a quick note to acknowledge my extreme gratitude for your generosity and support with the current journey my family and I are on. The warmth of so many “strangers” is truly heart warming and a great life lesson for me. The power of your actions is uplifting and inspiring. Thank you so much on behalf of myself and my family.

A very special thank you to my amazing daughter Danielle and her wonderful “boss” Sheila. The energy and love put into the event was obvious … and will remain in my heart forever. Thanks to all of you for that.

Take care of yourselves and one another,

Love

Val DeBie"
 
~~~~
 
"There are so many times I am speechless and do not know exactly what to say. But I do want to say a  HUGE THANK YOU to everyone from the bottom of my heart for the generous donations, raffles items, continuous prayers for my family, notes/cards, support, Sheila for helping me in making this event a great success and the list goes on. It too will forever be in my heart and I will always pay it forward. Thank you all again sooo much!! Much love and hugs Dani"
 
To date, we have raised $2000.00!!!! Way to go...and thank you so much to everyone who has contributed in any way!  Dani is having another fundraising crop this coming Saturday, please contact her for details!  Thanks again!   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment