Monday, November 16, 2015

Silhouette 103


Happy Monday, everyone! Today I wanted to remind you that we will be having a Silhouette 103 class on Thursday night from 6 to 8 p.m. If you have taken the 101 and 102 class, you will be familiar with the different icons on the screen of the Cameo/Portrait machine. In the 103 class I want to show you how much more you can do with the Silhouette Software. We all know that you can purchase designs from the Silhouette Store but in this class, I will show you how to create some of your own designs and how to improve your use of fonts to create your own card sentiments, project life cards, and titles. Below, you will see a couple of cards that I designed using only my Silhouette. I created the banner, the arrow, the tab, the background papers downloaded from an SVG file, and the stacked sentiment inside one of the cards. To do all this, I used:

  • Edit Points
  • Compound Path
  • Convert to Path
  • Welding
  • Importing SVG files


The second photo is on the inside of the first card above. We will create these two cards in the class.

Hope to see you Thursday.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment