Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to all of  you!!!
Starting of the year with a flower card, using Lacy Scrolls from Altenew! And yes, you can pre order this set HERE.
On a piece of watercolour paper I stamped the flower in Memento tangelo ( a ligth orange waterbased dye ink), on an acrylic block I scribbled some barn door and aged mahagony distress marker on an acrylic block  and with a damp, small brush I put on some more shading. You have to be careful to keep the lines between the petals white, or it will become one muddy mess. After the colouring, I fussy cut the flower and put glossy accents on and let it dry. For the rest of the card, I took a piece of bristol smooth cardstock and stamped some of the scrolls and leaves of the set in a dark brown ink, added a few dots and the sentiment, which is from another Altenew set Persian Motifs. I then blended on some gathered twigs ink and popped up the flower and added some bling. The whole panel is matted on a piece of gold and then on dark brown on a white card base.

About the dots...I think the dots add something nice (just my opinion) and I actually have a stamp from an old set that has some dots on it to make it easy, look into some of your stamp sets...you might have some too. For example, if you have this Hero Arts set, there is a little one in there. 
If  you don't have one, you can add the dots by scribbling some marker on an acrylic block and spritz it with water, then pick the ink  up with a brush and tap off or even by putting them on with the fine tip of your marker but that will take a while.

Hope you will get lots of crafty time in this New Year!!! Till next time, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment