Friday, January 29, 2016

Watercoloured Altenew sympathy card


Happy Friday! Not the happiest card to share with you today, but it's part of life, a sympathy card.
I am pretty lucky to already have this Freesia set from Altenew (it was on pre order, hope you got yours ordered). Last Saturday we had an All day crop and that's when I made this card. The flower is heat embossed in white on watercolour paper. Distress inks were used, pumice stone, shabby shutters and antique linen. I used a different technique, I swiped the ink pads on an acrylic block, with a clean brush, I filled one petal at a time with lots of water and I just dropped the ink in, first the antique linen and then some pumice stone. Then you have to let it dry!!!  The best way to do is, is to do one petal at a time, the water will stay within the lines because of the heat embossing. The sentiment is stamped in a dark chocolate ink, some sponging around and the whole panel is put on a brown metallic base, some liquid pearls to finish it off.
                                            Hope you like it, till next time, Anja
                                                                             

1 comment: