Friday, April 22, 2016

Shimmer, color burst and Penny Black~


Happy Friday! I am excited to share this card with you today....it turned out how I pictured it in my head...early this morning, lol. Last night I worked on it, not good so I threw it out and went back at it this morning.
Anyhow, I started with a piece of watercolour paper (any kind will do) and sprinkled some sepia color burst on and put a few dots of the liquid metal (shake it before you use it) and then I sprayed it with water till I got a nice looking background.
Let it dry! Then ooh and ah over the lovely shimmery background!! It's hard to see in the picture but it's really there!
Then I got my MISTI out, this is the tool that is gonna make your stamping easy!! I put my watercolour piece in place, positioned this PENNY BLACK stamp and put a layer of spiced marmelade on the flower part of the stamp, and stamped the first time. Then I put a good layer of aged mahagony on the flower part and with my gathered twigs marker I did the stem and leaves. I gave it a bit water with the mini mister and stamped. Here is the good news: with the MISTI YOU WILL STAMP IN THE SAME PLACE!!!
I let it dry and lost quite a bit of detail due to the water so I inked up the flower part again with aged mahagony and even the leaves with the marker and stamped again!! Yup, with the MISTI I am able to do that in the same place!!I put a little bit of gold fine tip marker in the center of the flower and voila!!
Little tip from me....I position the paper in the misti and then I secure it with a piece of painters tape, so far I am not so lucky with the magnets, that could be me but this seems to work for me!
                                        Happy crafting! Till next time, Anja

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this card and the tips you gave using these items. I've got a Misti on order as I'm not so great in repositioning things and then they have to be thrown out. I've not seen the liquid metal...wow is all I can say...thank you for another great card!

    ReplyDelete