Friday, August 12, 2016

Cool colours!


Happy Friday! Are you enjoying the HOT HOT weather? I decided to use some cool colours on a card today....it is for sure nice and cool in my basement although I did not get a lot of crafty time this week. The colouring on this card is pretty simple, I stamped and heat embossed the image on a heavy weight white cardstock and then used a Nestabilitie to cut it out. It is hard to see in the picture but the flower on the top left is sticking out. I picked 2 derwent inktense colours, 1100 deep indigo and 2110 payne's grey. On a scrap piece of bristol smooth I scribbled both of those pencils and sprayed it with water, this way it is like watercolouring. I quickly coloured the flowers blue and the leaves grey, not too much difference in colour. When it was dry, I put some wink of Stella on the image.
I cut another panel of white cardstock, 4 x 41/4, and splattered some black dots on with a small paint brush, just scribble some black soot marker on a block and spray with water. When that was dry, I scored a frame around it and added the Nuvo drops, wedgewood blue, and the sentiment.
The flower and sentiment are popped up. All the stamps are from PENNY BLACK, the flower is called playful and the sentiment is from the set snippets.
                                                        Happy crafting, till next time, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment