Monday, November 28, 2016

Working with Plaid

Good morning, everyone. Today, I wanted to show you a layout that I did for the store using four different Plaids. Photo Play has a collection called "Mad for Plaid" and I had two of these papers with different plaids on the back of each paper. So, I first created a "frame" on the layout by using Plaid 1 and 2 on the far left side of page 1 and Plaid 3 and 4 on the far right side of Page 2.

Next, I cut the remaining papers in to 3 inch squares and included two different coloured Cardstocks which were the predominant colours in three of the plaids. I used the MFT die for Tags and Banners to add some interest and also some of the Carpe Diem "Posh" Bits and Pieces and Stickers. To finish it off, I used the Ranger Enamel Accents called: Electric Lime, Cheese Puff, and Lemon Puff.

Here are the materials that I used:


And here is the layout:


So remember not to be afraid of using different plaids on a layout. Just select a predominant and secondary colour to focus on and your layout will look great.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment