Friday, December 30, 2016

Masculine birthday on the lake!


Happy last Friday of the year 2016! Wow, can't believe another year is around the corner.
Originally I had a sympathy card to share but  I changed my mind when I saw this beautiful stamp from Penny Black, on the lake. It seems like I am always in need of masculine cards...
I started out with a piece of white cardstock, 4 x 41/2, and make a background with a variety of distress inks from Tim Holtz: salted ocean, faded jeans, tumbled glass, black soot, rusty hinge, barn door and scattered straw. Don't be afraid if it does not blend perfectly, no sky is perfect or the same every time, stripe away, lol.
Then I put the stamp in my MISTI and stamped it 3 times with Versafine black for a nice, deep black image!! Love the MISTI!!! This whole piece was put on a mat of deep orange, sentiment is from MFT and I added 3 score lines along the bottom with a dot of Nuvo ebony black gloss.
                                Hope you like it! Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
                                                                   Till 2017, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment