Friday, December 9, 2016

Moments in time!


Happy Friday! Have you seen this new set from Altenew, moments in time? It's beautiful!! Just saying, lol!
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves to enjoy the moment you are in...and this set has some beautiful sentiments about that.
I started with a piece of watercolour paper, bigger than I needed, and carefully put some color burst on it and sprayed it with a mini mister with water, I always have a paper towel handy to dab up some of the liquid. The colours are olive green and cerulean blue. After I heat embossed the swing with tree in black I found that my blue was a bit too much....so I sprayed more water on it and dabbed it up with a paper towel, if you use watercolour paper it's no big deal, the paper can handle quite a bit of water. The sentiment is also heat embossed. The watercolour panel is cut down to 31/2 x 5, I matted it on black 4 x 51/4 and on the right side I added 3 score lines, hard to see in the picture.
As a final touch I added some Ranger caribbean coast enamel dots, and I mounted the panel on a cream card base. With a damp brush, I added some forest green and pumice stone to the tree and swing. If your brush is too wet, the colour burst will re activate and make a mess of things, ask me how I know, lol!
                                             Hope you like it! Till next time, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment