Monday, May 29, 2017

June Calendar Class

Good morning, everyone! Today, I wanted to show you the June Calendar layout that we will be doing at the Komoka Community Center on Saturday, June 24th. Watch the blog for the time.

I used these Brown Oxide inks from Tim Holtz to create a pattern and then cut out a
the tree trunk die from this new set of Sizzix Thinlits by Tim. Then I created another pattern using the soft colours shown here and cut out the small flowers. The other flowers are by Prima. I love these new Thinlits "Small Tattered Florals" and can see myself using them again and again. To shape the flowers, I used the Heartfelt Flower Creation Kit. I think you will love these Oxide Inks. They blend so smoothly and have a nice soft chalky look.


The colours of the flowers on the layout are quite muted but I thought they fit in well with the colours of the Maggie Holmes papers pictured here. The stamp "This is the best" is a Teresa Collins stamp. I also added a wooden heart and a large button from my stash. For the center of the flower, I used the Wendy Vecchi "Forget Me Not" Enamel Accents. I cut the title "hello summer" on my Silhouette. I also added a Ice Cream Accent from Doodlebug (hard to see in the photo) "Fairy Tales" Collection.



Hope that you can join me on the 24th.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment