Monday, June 19, 2017

"Happy Birthday, Canada" Kit

Good morning, everyone! Sometimes in scrapbooking, you may find that you just don't have the paper that you need to complete a layout. Perhaps the theme of your photos is such that it makes paper-shopping difficult to find something to match.

I have found that you can create your own paper in different ways by using stamps, dies, etc. But my favourite way to solve this problem is to use MS Word. For the paper that you will see below, I adjusted the margins to give me a larger space to work with and then selected the Full Justify icon. Next, I went to Design and then Paragraph Spacing. Here I selected No Paragraph Space. I typed the words for "Oh Canada" in the smallest font size possible and then just copied and pasted the words until the page was filled. I have a 12 x 12 Printer but you could do the same thing on a smaller printer. Once I had the page printed out, I used my Silhouette to cut out the shape of the Maple Leaf.

You could use this technique with the words from your Wedding Vows, the words from a favourite Poem or a Children's Rhyme, etc.

Here is the kit. Hope you like it!


The black and white paper was from a MFT 6 x 6 pad called Black and White. The stars are from Bella Blvd. and then I just added some gems and a Journal Card decorated with some ribbon. The "Happy Birthday" stamp is from my favourite set of stamps called "Messages with Flourish" by Hero Arts. I love the versatility of this set and the beautiful font.

Have a great week!
Karen

1 comment: