Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Stamp, Two Cards!

Good morning everyone!!! I have a couple of cards to share today.


I fell in love with this LaBlanche stamp last week, so I picked it up along with some of the LaBlanche paper the stamps are intended to be used with. The paper is very smooth, and silky, not glossy but similar in characteristics to glossy paper. I used tea dye distess stain on the paper, and used a heat gun to dry it. This gave me a lovely wood grain effect on the paper. I then stamped my image using Jet Black Archival Ink by Ranger. It took quite a while to dry but I was happy with the contrast between the image and background. I assembled my card using Bazzill cardstock and Basic Grey Basics paper, an older 6x6 pad I had in my stash. Two of the ribbons are from BoBunny's Et. Cetera Wraps, and the rest of the embellishments are from SGD's September Scrapbooking Kit. The sentiment is from a Kaiser Craft set, and I added some bronze Viva Decor pearls to finish it all off.

My next card I wanted to try the new Donna Salazar Mixed Media Inks that the store has. I am REALLY happy with them! Love the colours, how moist the pads are, very fluid and so rich!! I used the LaBlanche paper again, and applied the ink with a Ranger foam tool. I love the result - the ink on the silky paper goes on almost like a liquid. You can swirl it around getting great texture. I used the Leather colour and that is really what the paper ends up looking like! It did take FOREVER to dry but worth the wait I think. I stamped my image using Versafine Black ink and then heat set it all to speed up the drying process.

I assembled the card with more Bazzill cardstock and the Basic Grey Basics paper, added some Black Pebbles Candy Dots, and tied on the key that comes with the BoBunny Et Cetera Wraps, using some jute twine.

One stamp, two looks - what do you think????

2 comments:

  1. I like the second one better with the darker stain...that image is fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete