Monday, September 5, 2011

Enabler Alert! Sarah`s Favourite products....




Hello stampers!

This little card is one that I created for the High Hopes stamp blog, with the theme “Back to School”. For the Scrappin’ Great Deals readers, I used a lot of my favourite products that I thought I’d share with you (well a few anyway, or you’d be reading for a month)!

1. Copic Markers! I LOVE Copic markers, in case you didn’t already know that. After years of trying pastels, chalks, Stampin’ Up! Markers, watercolour crayons, watercolour pencils, etc…. I FINALLY found something that suited me – and these are IT! I do honestly struggle now to make a “no colouring” card, although I do always think about it!

2. Spellbinders Dies. I adore these products. My mother-in-law first introduced me to these fabulous tools a few years ago when she came to visit from England. Stamping and cardmaking is really popular over there too, and she is an avid crafter like I am – so we love sharing different tools, tips, and products that we can’t each find at home. It’s surprising how different the trends actually are. My beloved “Nesties” in particular are now always beside my craft table – and I use them on almost every card I make. Here I’ve used Nestabilities Labels Eight in two of the sizes to create a frame as well as the Shapeabilities Butterflies die to create a two-layered dimensional butterfly. At the same time, I was encouraged that I “needed” my next favourite item.

3. Sizzix Big Shot. I don’t know how I made cards before I had this fabulous machine! It is so versatile, so practical, and doesn’t take up much space in my craft room. It just works every time, and is the real “work horse” of my crafting space. I use it with all brands of dies, Sizzix, Spellbinders, My Favorite Things, Stampin’ Up! etc and all brands of embossing folders. I think I could probably make a card without any stamps at all (not that I want to try – but maybe one day). On this card, I used my Big Shot to create the frame, the background behind the mouse, the butterfly, the flower (which is another die, the rolled daisy from My Favorite Things, and the sentiment (another MFT die).

Hope you enjoyed my little “love-in” there for my favourite craft products – I’m sure you each have your own (p.s. please comment on this post with your favourites, and there might be one of my favourites in it for you!!) By the way, one more new fave to share – I used this FABULOUS book (available at SGD of course) to find just the right sentiment for this card! If you are often searching for the right sentiment for your cards – trust me – you NEED this book – Inspiration Station Book of Quotes/ Titles

Happy stamping!
Sarah
xx

Cardstock: SU! Kraft & Early Espresso
Paper: Copic Xpress It, Basic Grey pyrus
Spellbinders: Labels Eight, Shapeabilities Butterflies
Other dies: My Favourite Things Rolled Daisy die
Stamps: High Hopes mouse under mushroom, Stampin’ Up Linen Background, Inspired by Nature.
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks, Walnut stain, Frayed burlap, Antique linen

4 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Sarah! I love Copics and Spellbinders dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect little back to school mouse!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow! What a lovely card.
    Its sooo cute.
    Like it.

    Hugs mariska

    ReplyDelete