Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas card with Crafts too

Happy Friday to all of you!

Every year I have great intentions.....o yeah, I am gonna make Christmas cards early....no waiting till November, oh no, mine are gonna be done long before that, well, you see, that would be nice but it never happens, LOL! Good thing that Crafts Too came out with beautiful new Christmas embossing folders, a lot of different ones, and the only thing what is hard about them, is to make a choice! You can find them HERE.

For this card I have used the pointsetta frame and winter village folder.

I embossed a red piece of cardstock, size 41/2 x 51/2, with the pointsetta frame and then cut out the oval with my Nesties, I used the biggest size of the classic oval small.

Then I embossed a white piece of the same size with the winter village folder and then I sprayed that with dazzling diamonds glimmermist.

It is hard to see in the picture but it gives it a nice shimmer. Then I added some Ranger frosted lace stickles on the village and around the frame.

I cut some branches with a Martha Stewart punch and placed them around the oval, glued them on with the 450 Helmar quick dry glue and added some red Christmas stickles. I then put the red and white layer together and finished my card of with a bow, the ribbon is from my stash, I am sure you have some too. The bow is made with the bowmaker, a must have tool and a perfect bow every time. Last thing I did was adding the silver pearls in the centers of the poinsettas with a Viva silver pearl pen.

Wishing you all a great weekend, I am off to a scrapbook weekend!!

Till next time, Anja

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card, Anja!
    I clicked on the picture, to enlarge it, and you can really see all the beautiful embossing and the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete