Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Believe in the Magic!!


Good morning!!! Less than two weeks until Christmas!! Only one more full weekend for shopping!! Are your kids as crazy as mine?! I can't believe how wound up they are already! Ah well, I have a little bit of Christmas Magic to share with you today.

I am sure by now, you all know about Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas. Wowzers, is he ever an inspiration. There were a couple of the 12 that I wasn't too enthused with the finished product but the techniques on all of them are nothing short of amazing!! How does he sleep at night with so much creative energy bursting around in that brain of his?!

As soon as the store got in Tim's District Market Collection, I have had this idea brewing around in my head. Using the burlap panels as a foundation for a Christmas canvas. It started with this panel:


And I ended up with this:


Some close ups:


Tim Holtz Products used:

Memoirs Burlap Panel
Tattered Pine Cone Sizzix Bigz Die
Kraft Glassine Paper
Alcohol Inks: Oregano, Mushroom, Bottle
Winter Sketchbook Stamp Set
Limited Edition Winter Distress Ink Set
Limited Edition Fall Distress Ink Set
Core-dinations Cardstock
Christmas Memories Kraft Resist Paper
Kraft Resist Chipboard Alpha
Picket Fence Distress Stain
Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint
Memo Pin

Other Products:

Prima Alphabet Stickers
Maya Road White Transparent Snowflakes
Maya Road Wood Snowflakes
Platinum Stickles
Kaiser Craft Paper Flowers
Encore Champagne Metallic Ink
Spellbinders Holly & Ornament Die
Bazzill Chipboard Flourishes

As is usually the case, this canvas looks much better in person! Drop in to the store to have a look at it....it will be there on Wednesday!! Happy Holidays!!

8 comments:

  1. Love the snowflakes and "magic" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely gorgeous. I would never have thought to use that background for a Christmas layout. I can't believe the finished result. It is stunning. I will definitely have to stop by the store to see it in person. I always find they are even more beautiful in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Lori, I think you're right up there with Tim on the "creative energy"! This is stunning, and I can't wait to see it at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lori, it is so beautiful!!! it is all ready to wrap up and give it to me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I must go and add this to my wishlist!! Amazing Lori!

    ReplyDelete