Monday, December 5, 2011

COMMENT TO WIN! in honor of Lord Tim of Holtz....


Hello stampers!

That is my attempt at a submission for Tag #1 along the journey with Tim Holtz for "12 Tags of Christmas".

If you haven't discovered this joy yet - check it out!  I've already learned a dozen new FABULOUS papercrafting techniques - and we're only on day 5!

Here's my attempt at Tag #2.



I think I like this one the best.  Of course, I didn't have half the products and supplies that he did, but it's all about improvisation, and I think I managed?  In any case, I've having FUN - and isn't that what crafting is all about?  Despite the glittery, gluey mess that was once my craft room might imply, I'm loving it!

Here's my Tag #3.


Maybe this isn't your year to create all 12 tags - but maybe watch some of the videos?  Learn a few new techniques?  I can tell you that I'll never die cut the same again!  I would NEVER have been able to create this cool poinsettia before this week!  And all of the paper treatments!  Wow!  Maybe the best part of all, is that I'm finally using some of those many products that have adorned my shelves and tabletop!  Of course, if you know me (or ever speak to my husband) each and every single item is $1!  (please don't forget this - or I could be in BIG trouble!).

But I challenge you - give it a try - and try out one of the techniques.  You'll be glad you did!

My tags will be in the store for those of you that stop by.

And in honor of Lord Tim of Holtz, who could sail the Seven Seas with just a handsander and a splodge of Rock Candy for sustenance....

Next Monday I will draw a fabulous Tim Holtz prize from all of the comments submitted on this blog this week!  So come back every day - and be sure to leave a comment!

Happy stamping!
Sarah
(if you'd like to see more details, they'll all be on my own blog:  http://sarahsassy468.blogspot.com)

xx


20 comments:

  1. Oh these do look fabulous!!! Love the new look of the blog also!!!! such classy ladies with style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags! So pretty! (and I hear ya on everything costing $1 lol )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've following Tim's blog doing the tags and am working on Day 5. I think improvisation is the "name of the game" and it is fun learning how to use his products.
    All of the above tags came out really nice!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. your tags are fabulous! I am loving the daily tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had the time to actually do the tags instead of just drooling over them and pin to pinterest so I can try the techniques later
    Your tags are spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such imagination - can you send some my way. Love all of your tags because each one is unique. Will keep coming back to see what you create next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tags Sara!! I think the first one is my fav so far (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tags! I've been following along with the tags too! Its such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left a comment earlier but it seems to have disappeared. Gorgeous tags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't use a lot of tags, but any of these techniques look easy enough to translate to a card. Looking forward to seeing more designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tags!! So much to learn, so little money but I can dream
    Irene L

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love making tags and looks like you had fun too :) Wonderful showcase of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tags, they're so inspiring...hoping to make some pretty tags myself this year, and you've shown some great examples. Thanks..Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tags, they're so inspiring...hoping to make some pretty tags myself this year, and you've shown some great examples. Thanks..Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tim would be so proud of your tags Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these tags are inspiring.You and Tim make it look so easy. How come when I try the techniques, I have fun experimenting, but I take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooooh, your tags are gorgeous - my fave is #3!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, your tags came out great! I especially love #2... the colors and the die and the trees... just beautiful. Thanks for the hearty chuckle over our promise to your hubby... a buck a piece sounds right!

    ReplyDelete