Monday, January 9, 2012

Card kit samples


Hello stampers!

I thought I'd share with you a couple of cards I made for this month's card kits with Andrea!

First of all, I am thrilled that she chose these beautiful Unity stamps.  I ADORE Unity!  I just love their style, elegance and versatility.  Great for all occasions, for men or women.  LOVE!

And I'm pleased to say that my tag efforts in December with Sir Tim of Holtz did not go to waste, as I've put some of his techniques to use here!

On this first card, I've created the background by stamping the flower in brown ink, rotating it as I went along, onto the Bazzill cardstock.  I've then given it a spritz with one of my new favourite things, Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold.  Then I gave it a touch of Goosebumps Texture Spray (thanks to Anja for introducing me to this marvelous product) and allowed to dry.  I've stamped the coordinating sentiment on designer paper (I love to do this rather than on plain paper) and trimmed it, then distressed the edges with Antique Linen (using the Ranger tool - if you don't have this yet - you NEED it!) - then mounted with dimensional adhesives (try these - they rock).


On this second card, I've used a few of my Sir Tim of Holtz treasures.  I love this embossing folder set which is the perfect "vintage" style.  I stamped the Unity sentiment in brown ink (on the designer paper) and rounded the top corners.  Then I embossed it with the Postcard folder - in my new Vagabond (my Christmas present from hubby!).  I've used a Tim Holtz edge punch along the bottom.

Happy stamping!
Sarah
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment