Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Colouring and Stamping with Distress Markers!!

So I will confess that I have had my Tim Holtz Distress Markers for some time now.  I have played with them a bit and now have finally gotten around to taking a picture of my first efforts with them! Here is a flower from a Flourishes stamp set (its a older set, called Lenten rose I believe), that I coloured in with my lovely new markers; the image was stamped using Rangers Archival Ink on Rangers specialty stamping paper.



These markers are water based and are really different from any others that I have used.  I don't think I did too badly for my first attempt though!  Not only can you colour with these markers, you can stamp as well!  Simply colour directly onto your stamp, then give a "huff" of breath on it and stamp on your paper, like so:


This technique works really well for more solid image stamps like I used above.  You can take your time colouring the stamp, all you have to do is breath on the stamp and it moistens the ink and it is ready to stamp. 

Our Diva Kim is teaching a Distress Marker 101 class July 4th!  If you have these markers or are thinking about buying them, that would be a great class to take to learn the basics!!

1 comment:

  1. great use of the markers...I have a set and haven't been too impressed with my results...wish I were closer to take the class!

    ReplyDelete