Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday after CHA....



Good morning, ladies!!! The Friday after CHA, (actually the second Friday) where do I begin.......We had a blast! We learned so much! We are so excited to bring it all back to you!!! Did you see how we all got to meet Tim a lot....o yeah, did you watch the video where he says hello to all of you!!! He is such a nice guy and a great artist, he showed me personally some tricks with his new markers, don`t get me wrong, I love the markers but there where certain things I couldn`t do, well he showed me and more tricks!! I don`t know where to start....one of the things we learned, that MIXED MEDIA is HOT!! So ladies, stay tuned, we are hoping to amaze you with a lot of new stuff!!

Now onto my card today...I have said it before, what I love about crafting is that you can make it any way your style suits you, combine it all, and do your own thing. I like the look of mixed media, sometimes it is a bit too busy for my taste so I kept it CAS. For this card I took a piece of watercolour paper, Sheila has ordered it and it is on its way!!. The size is 4 x 3, I took 3 of Tim Holtz markers, dusty concord, faded jeans and weathered wood and scribbled over the paper, I watered it down with Tim`s waterbrush. I also scribbeld some on a acrylic block, picked it up with the brush and applied it to the paper. Let it dry or use your heat gun, then spray it with pearl glimmermist, and let dry again. Butterflies are stamped by inking up the stamp with the dusty concord marker,huff and stamp. Sentiment is stamped with Versafine. The bigger butterfly is inked up again with the markers and cut out. The edges are inked with dusty concord, some twine from sew easy and a black Viva pearl to finish it off. The panel is popped up.

Hope you like it! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by, Anja

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous card! I never really know how to use the markers either! Looks like you figured it out though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!!!! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful Anja! Can't wait to try my markers on this technique. Love your colour combo and stamp choices xo

    ReplyDelete